Frequently Asked Questions
How can I order?
Ordering is easy. Either call Lynne, our Creator, at (416) 986-4339 or send an email to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information should I have ready?
Before connecting with Lynne, it will help if you know:
- The date you need the cake/cupcakes/cookies;
- The number of people you’ll want your treat to serve;
- The flavours of cake and icing you’d prefer;
- Your design ideas… perhaps even photos you’ve found on Pinterest, etc.
- Any allergies you need us to be aware of.
Lynne likes to get to know her customers and will make sure she has all the information she needs to ensure your specific needs are met for your special occasion.
What is your required lead-time?
As a home-based business, each cake/cupcake/cookie is baked on demand. Nothing is baked in advance or frozen. This ensures you’re getting the freshest possible treats for your special occasion. Noting this, we require a lead-time of at least 2 weeks. For wedding cakes and tiered cakes, please try to get your order to us a month to 3 weeks in advance. If you’re in a jam and need a cake more quickly, give us a call. There’s always a possibility we’ll be available!!
Are Sweet Lady Cakes’ products nut-free?
Our kitchen is not nut-free, but we do not use nuts in any of our products unless we are specifically asked to.
Where are you located?
We are a home-based business in Thornhill, Ontario. We don’t have a storefront, but are able to coordinate an in-person meeting should the need arise.
Do you deliver?
Yes, within the GTA for $35. You can also pick up your order for free! For wedding and other tiered cakes we insist on delivering and setting up the cake to ensure the best possible outcome. In these cases, the delivery and set-up cost is included in the total order.
How much will it cost?
(the prices included here are for estimate purposes only and each order is priced on an individual basis)
- Cake pricing starts at $4.50 per serving with a minimum of $50. The complexity of the design determines the final price of the final product.
- Cupcakes start at $2.00 each and increase in cost based on complexity of design.
- Cookies start at $2.50 each and increase in cost based on complexity of design. Individual wrapping is available and is priced during time of order.